Buy the truth and sell it not; not only that, but also get discernment and judgment, instruction and understanding. (Book of Proverbs, Chapter 23, Verse 23, Amplified Version)
Oh, Lord, help me fathom this one. I need to understand the truth and I really, really need discernment and judgment. I need to hear good and timely instruction. I need to acquire understanding.
Wow, it seems a likely answer to this one has come. Its like the Guided Decision in Andy Andrews’ Mastering the Seven Decisions. I will seek wisdom! Andy says read a lot. Seek good counsel. Talk to smart people. So Lord, please guide me to the right books, the right counsel and the right people!
In case you are interested, here is a list of the Seven Decisions:
- The Responsible Decision: The buck stops here. I accept responsibility for my past. I am responsible for my success. I will not let my history control my destiny.
- The Guided Decision: I will seek wisdom.
- The Active Decision: I am a person of action.
- The Certain Decision: I have a decided heart. Criticism, condemnation, and complaint have no power over me.
- The Joyful Decision: Today I will choose to be happy.
- The Compassionate Decision: I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.
- The Persistent Decision: I will persist without exception.